This is a list of the best drawing software and best illustration software, programs and applications for 2017. We have categorized it for mac and pc. I hope you like it. If you don’t have time, you can check our best recommendation – Autodesk SketchBook Pro 7 Review on Amazon
Best drawing software of 2017
So you may be wondering if you would need to buy a drawing software in 2016. You already have free tools on your mac or pc so you may wonder, why an additional software.
You will understand as soon as you try to use a basic paint or drawing program for advanced drawing purposes. No committed or aspiring artist will be happy with a software that only has a basic pencil, eraser, fill and spray-can features.
Several of art software programs that provide the tools like professional illustrator applications offer it at a fraction of the cost. Check on Amazon
So here is our list of best drawing software of 2017:
Autodesk SketchBook Pro 7 Review
Autodesk SketchBook Pro 7 Review: Autodesk SketchBook Pro 7 is definitely one of the best drawing software of 2016. All the other softwares may have better advantages at certain specific applications and functions, but the Autodesk SketchBook Pro 7 is hands down the best for drawing.
It’s very simple and and has easy to use features. It has the functionality and potential to do various things with its advanced features.
I can confidently say that it has almost every tool that you would need at a professional level. It also manages to be simple and sleek for beginners.
Autodesk SketchBook Pro 7 is a tool made for everyone who enjoys drawing. It has a natural drawing experience of the quintessential pencil tool, the new Perspective interesting Guides, the fun Flipbook, an enhanced layer editor which has new blending modes, gradient flood fills, and the all-new SketchBook Pro which is available for both Windows and Mac. It is an essential program for digital artists of every skill level.
It has an easy-to-use and highly customizable interface. The tools are easily accessible and the user always has convenient and quick access to the power and high flexibility of the program.
Everyone who enjoys drawing can open their potential creativity with the awesome power of the SketchBook Pro.
SketchBook Pro is designed to work well with pen input devices like Wacom Intuos and Cintiq products and also with Windows tablet devices.
- Simple and easy to use.
- Has a lot of advanced features
- It is a single version on mac and PC
- Free account that includes six colour swatches, six standard brushes and a colour picker and no layers
- Monthly plan and direct buy
- Manga Studio 5 is better for comic drawings
- Its better for creating art rather than photo manipulation
Clip Studio Paint Pro Review
Clip Studio Paint Pro Review: Clip Studio Paint Pro from the can also be considered a best drawing software or drawing program. It is a complete all-in-one solution for very stunning, easy and ready-to-publish series and comics.
What I like best?
I love that the Clip Studio Paint has a fantastic array of features. It is one of the most versitile digital artwork in the market today. It combines th tools like photoshop and its own comic creating list of tools with the stabilization and brush features of Sai.
Another excellent point about the Clip Studio Paint Pro is that it has pressure curves so you can make changes in the way your program and tablet interact with eact other. So for non Wacom users, you can just modify the pressure sensitivity so you dont have to press too hard on the tablet.
What I dislike?
- The interface is a bit difficult to use at the start.
- The brush presets navigation too is a bit difficult
It has a very low price point at the moment so it is a STEAL at its price. You can also pick up Ray Frenden’s brush pack while you are at it.
Another advantage of the Clip Studio Paint is that you can save the $10/- on Photoshop.
Since it is a very diverse program you can use it for a variety of things including advertisment design and comic creation.
10 More Best Drawing Free and Paid Software for Mac & PCs
- Procreate – It is a great app for painting on the iPad, it allows custom canvas sizes, has good layers, it has brush handling which is amazing — you can even modify your brush. It has a great overall finish.
- Adobe Ideas – This is just for fast sketching. the good thing is it that it has layers and some good brush types to choose from.
- Paper by FiftyThree – It’s also mostly used for sketching out ideas and basic drawing and unfortunately doesn’t support layers (IIRC)
- Adobe Illustrator – This is an Industry standard. It has been around for very long. It is very useful and can be used for something like a vector icon work or a complex “painting”, to technical intricate line drawings and design good packaging work.
- Sketch – It does a lot of what the Illustrator does. The vector tool however is a little bit clunky and rather slow to use.
- Affinity Designer – This is still in Beta mode so it has quite a few bugs. What is great about this illustration program is that it mixes both Photoshop and Illustrator into one good program.
- Adobe Illustrator CC: Adobe Illustrator is the most common drawing software. It is great if you want to do normal vector drawings with good, crisp lines. It is not great if you want softer “sketchier” looks.
- Paint Program – Corel Painter 2015: Many people love Corel Painter as you can achieve really realistic looking strokes easily and they look more like traditional media.
- Bohemian Coding – Sketch 3: Sketch 3 is more of a graphics tool rather than a drawing but many people use it too as an alternative to Illustrator software.
- ArtRage – Natural Painting Software: Another digital painting program that is much simpler than Corel Painter.
Drawing software will be of immense help for you to improve your technique with digital media and help you maximize your graphic design potential and expertise.
Using the various tools and features in the sketching programs will give you a good taste of the multiple capabilities of professional-grade great art software.
With drawing and sketch software, you can improve your artistic skills tremendously and elevate your understanding of digital art immensely.